Where Adventure Begins
Crimson Lake/Twin Lakes
The Crimson Lake Campground is located 16 km north
west of Rocky Mountain House off Highway 11.
Crimson Lake Info: Click Here
The campground includes:
- 162 sites of which 50 have power.
- Half the campground sites at Crimson Lake can be reserved while the rest are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Other facilities include three picnic shelters
- Four creative play areas
- 20 km of graveled trails for hiking, mountain biking and in the winter cross-country skiing. The Amerada Trail, a project funded by the former energy company encircles the lake.
- Crimson Lake is used for recreational activities such as boating, water skiing, windsurfing, canoeing, swimming and sun tanning.
- There is no sport fish in Crimson Lake.
For those who like to camp and fish, Twin Lakes offers secluded camping spots and the opportunity to catch "a big one". There are 46 basic sites at Twin Lakes and a group campsite which includes 30 basic sites. Twin Lakes is stocked with Rainbow Trout and offers excellent fishing.
For campsite reservations call: 403-845-2330.
For information on Crimson Lake and Twin Lakes call: 403-845-2330.